some thoughts on performance

I'm [finally] following up on the thread to write up some docs about
performance from the Epic.

my initial draft, which is a bit light on actual helpful stuff for
now, is at https://dev.launchpad.net/Performance.

I have more to put in there, but don't let that stop you patching it
immediately ;)

My goal here is to provide an overview - team and project wide
information, rather than the fairly detailed and specific treatments
elsewhere on the wiki. Those treatments are needed and are a great
resource for looking at a particular part of the picture, but I felt
that it would be nice to have something that isn't tied to e.g.
foundations, or bugs etc.

Hope this provokes some though and ideas.

-Rob

Follow ups