Re: ec2 instances not shutting down

On 08/12/2010 10:53 PM, Tim Penhey wrote:
Hi All,

I've had a number of situations where an ec2 instance hasn't shut down after
it has sent out the email.  The instance was still running almost two hours
after sending the email.

Only notices because I was watching elastifox to see the results of other
instances running tests.

Tim

I just had this happen to me too.  I have filed a bug about it:

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/617598

I was using 'ec2 land'. If anyone has additional information about these hangs (was it only test failure mail? Does this happen for successes as well?), then please add your information to the bug report.

We switched over to the new Lucid EC2 AMI on Thursday. It may be related, but I can't say for sure. I will look into this on Monday.

Dropping the automated shutdown from 8 hours to 5 is a good solution as well.

--
Māris Fogels -- https://launchpad.net/~mars
Launchpad.net -- cross-project collaboration and hosting