Re: Binary upload processing

On Monday 16 August 2010 19:24:56 Guilherme Salgado wrote:
> > > Each policy sets can_upload_source, can_upload_binaries and
> > > can_upload_mixed, but you have to set the first two to True to have the
> > > last checked, meaning that all three would be acceptable.
> >
> > Maybe we could get rid of these 3 settings and create a separate one
> > (e.g. upload_types) using an Enum that describes the types of uploads a
> > given policy accepts?  That may not work well if we have more than a
> > handful combinations of upload types accepted by all the policies,
> > though.
>
> This is the specific bit where I'd like your opinion, Julian.

Hi Salgado

The enum might be problematic as I believe these are non-exclusive flags.

In Soyuz, we actually no longer accept mixed uploads; this is a relic of the
old security policy which allowed binaries to be built in secrecy elsewhere
and then uploaded with the source later when effectively "unembargoing" them.

So, I suspect you can just fix the code so that it doesn't need to check
can_upload_source and can_upload_binaries before it considers
can_upload_mixed.

Also, thanks for looking at improving the other code to use the zope registry
instead of the policy registry!

Cheers.