Re: Off-topic, interesting: git-flow

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:47:28 -0400
Maris Fogels <maris.fogels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks really interesting for developing smaller tools and
> libraries, like the ecosystem that has developed around the Launchpad
> project.  It could be made into a bzr plugin, but we would have to
> make sure the model supports code reviews ;)
>
> Something like this:
>
>   $ bzr init-flow
>   $ cd dev
>   $ bzr feature start the-feature
>   ... hack ...
>   $ bzr send
>   $ bzr feature finish

Here's a better version that exists today:

    $ bzr cbranch db-devel schema-change
    ... hack ...
    $ bzr lp-send
    $ bzr add-pipe model-change
    ... hack ...
    $ bzr lp-send
    $ bzr add-pipe ui-change
    ... hack ...
    $ bzr lp-send

In this model, not only are you using "switch" but you're also building
on the changes you've already made.  lp-send is even smart enough to
set the dependent branch in Launchpad so that you only get the diff
from that single pipe, instead of the diff between the branch and
db-devel.

Cheers,
Paul