Re: DB replication lag events

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Danilo Šegan <danilo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> У пон, 30. 08 2010. у 19:38 +0700, Jeroen Vermeulen пише:
>>
>> OTOH, if we could make the change after we introduce message queues,
>> we could take the computation offline yet still get interactive
>> speeds. But in that case we'd want an interim measure to take the
>> write pressure off POFileTranslator.
>
> Do we?  I haven't seen Stuart say that this is indeed a problem that
> needs taking care of immediately.
>
> Until that happens, we should not worry about any workarounds.

The databases are just fine. However, when replication is lagging, the
application servers switch to master only mode, things slow down and
we get more timeouts so I suspect that means we want workarounds.
Also, the Losas will get pinged and have to investigate.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/