Re: Results: derived distro mock-up testing round 2

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Michael Nelson
<michael.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Matthew Revell
> <matthew.revell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello Julian, Michael,
>>
>> I have placed the transcripts of the round 2 interviews, along with
>> suggestions that I've drawn from those interviews, here:
>>
>> https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/DerivativeDistributions/UserTestingRound2
>>
>> Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or would like
>> further testing.
>
> Thanks Matthew for transcribing and summarising all the info - it's
> invaluable. And thanks Peter, Colin and Loïc for taking the time to
> give such feedback.
>
> I'm currently looking at the three difference pages only (Mockups 3, 4
> and 5 in the interview, Julian was working on the new distribution
> series page) and based on a first reading of the interviews, below is
> an outline of how I plan to update those mockups tomorrow with a few
> questions (I'll re-read through the transcript as I do it to catch all
> the smaller details and in case I've missed anything). If you can
> answer any questions or correct any wrong assumptions, please do!:

And here's a first-cut that addresses the points:

https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/DerivativeDistributions?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=derived-series-diffs_uiround2.png

It makes the table itself much simpler by including much of the detail
in the drop-down.

Let me know if this does not address your issues, or if it raises new
ones. The main issue from my point of view is that now, to blacklist
an item, you have to first expand the row, then click blacklist. If it
is likely that you'll have a page of 50 items and want to blacklist
them all, this will not be an option and we'd need to put the button
back to "Blacklist selected packages".

Cheers,
Michael