Re: Linking bugs to branches, and tabs

On Sep 6, 2010, at 7:35 PM, Jeroen Vermeulen wrote:

> This may be a silly idea.  It came from googling bugs by number, which sometimes takes one to unexpected pages.

Definitely not silly, I like the thinking.

> We can link bugs to branches and vice versa.  Doesn't that mean that users would expect to see the bug's Code tab refer to the branch, and the Bugs tab for the branch refer to the bug?

I've grown accustomed to those tabs at the top being attached to
projects' top level information. In fact, since the link and list
of attached branches is on the bug, this is a nice way to get to
"the bigger picture" quickly, and one good UI guideline to keep is
that a button with the same name, color scheme, and location, should
always go to the same "place". That doesn't mean the same page, but
if "Code" always goes to the project's code from answers/overview,
then it might be confusing for it to suddenly start going to a
different list just because you're in a bug report.