Re: Launchpad on Maverick string issues (ProgrammingError: operator does not exist: text = bytea)

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 18:33 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 11:49 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> > I've just upgraded to Maverick, and it appears to be much stricter about
> > strings vs bytes. 8-bit strings are getting treated as bytes, leading to
> > "ProgrammingError: operator does not exist: text = bytea"
> >
> > Getting stricter about bytes vs strings is probably a good long-term
> > idea anyway, but I just thought folks should know about this.
> I've switched back to python-psycopg2 from Lucid (2.0.13-2ubuntu2) for
> the time being.
>
> Also useful is "aptitude hold python-psycopg2", so apt won't attempt to
> upgrade to the newer version unless you explicitly tell it to.

Thanks for this recommendation. I reported
    https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/631010
about this. I think the error is fixes upstream in storm.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/