Re: lazr-js : Anything but an sdist/egg

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:08:38 -0400
Elliot Murphy <elliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Maris Fogels
> <maris.fogels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  One option is to create our own copies of these commands and stop
> > relying on lazr-js altogether.  Another other option is to turn the
> > commands into a new Python library outside lazr-js, then have both
> > the lazr-js project and the Launchpad project depend upon it.  I
> > don't know which approach is better: both have pros and cons.
>
> Perhaps these commands are a good candidate for packaging and shipping
> as an Ubuntu package? Rodney has created an ubuntuone-dev-tools
> package already that has some useful wrappers around pylint and trial,
> jslint and jsbuild sound like welcome additions to that tool package.

I always get surprised when I find that jslint isn't in the archive.  I
think it should go there.  I'm happy to coordinate that work.

jsbuild is entirely too complicated for mere mortals to use.
Sometimes, when I use it, I summon the Elder Ones and Cthulu eats my
soul.  I think a simple `cat` and a call to YUI compressor would be
much easier.

Cheers,
Paul