Re: ArchitectureGuide - all developers please read this ; )

I liked the talk and I like the values expressed here.

To me, this document in its current form is not really an architecture
guide.  In a document with that name I'd expect to find some
discussion of the big moving parts in the system (zope, storm, jobs,
cronscripts), what kind of approach we like people to take (do
security in zcml, don't write doctests, ...), and so on.  Probably
some of that is already written down and can merge into this.

> Coupling: No more than 5 dependencies of a component.
> Cohesion: Attributes should be used in more than 1/3 of interactions. If they are used less often than that, consider deleting or splitting into separate components.

I still think those are really weird expressions of useful values. :-}
 Perhaps it could be "If you can split a class into two or more
simpler classes, do it."

--
Martin