Re: IMPORTANT: How to fix launchpad-dependencies on Maverick

On 10/01/2010 10:28 AM, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Hi Maris,
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Maris Fogels
> <maris.fogels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> As you may know there is a problem with the stock pysycopg2 on Maverick that
>> prevents one from running the test suite (bug 631010).  I have fixed this issue
>> in the launchpad-dependencies package, but my fix requires manual intervention
>> on your part.
>>

> Just to be clear, this is a stop-gap measure until Launchpad is fixed
> to use unicode strings correctly like Henning commented on the bug
> correct? That's what we did in Landscape. I don't think
> python-psycopg2 should be patched to accomodate for our brokeness.
>
> -- Sidnei

Yes, this is a stop-gap measure.  We do not know how long it would take to fix
every storm parameter and SQL string in LP (and Henning also mentioned that this
apparently simple task leads to UnicodeDecodeErrors - fun!)

This just buys us some time.

--
Māris Fogels -- https://launchpad.net/~mars
Launchpad.net -- cross-project collaboration and hosting