Re: Launchpad Privacy (issue 7)

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 13:10 +0100, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> > When a user registers a primary context he or she can see and select
> the
> > private visibility option. The user will be prompted to confirm this
> > decision and explain that an admin will review the request.
> >

> Why not only show the visibility option to people who are allowed to
> make private projects and skip the admin review process? I really,
> really, really want to reduce the amount of admin review, not increase
> it.
>
> Also, getting an admin to review sounds like a work-around for a lack
> of a good entitlement process.

That is why I am writing this :) How do I know you are entitled to make
private teams or projects? I cannot buy a commercial subscription
until /after/ I make the object?

> > The same behaviour could happen when a user chooses the
> > Other/Proprietary license option. The form does reveal a paragraph
> that
> > explains that a commercial subscription is required, but most users
> > ignore it. The project is disabled a 2 weeks later after the user
> has
> > not changed the license or purchased a commercial subscription.
> >

> Is this automatic disabling implemented right now? What's the process
> for re-enabling?
>
> Added this to https://dev.launchpad.net/FeatureChecklist

Corrected. We still rely on a project reviewer (me). Commercial admins
can see all private teams so that they can provide support, and I
imagine they will also be able to see private projects.

> > The private-prefix is not added to the primary context until it is
> > approved. This ensures that users cannot use registration to
> discover
> > the name of a private project. The private-prefix is black listed.
> Only
> > admin and commercial admins are exempt from the blacklist
> restriction.
> >

> As I indicated in an earlier email, I'm convinced that we do not need
> the 'private-' prefix.

I do not think we need to be convinced. This is about liability and our
stakeholders need to make the decision.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/