Re: downtime estimate

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree with Robert, we should not have more than 2 hours of down time. Let's
> revert the patch if that is the case.

Have chatted with James Troup and Francis in the ISF call; we propose
the following:

 - we (losas + lp devs) have a 90 minute downtime budget for the
monthly rollout. A change that will exceed that budget needs to be
done differently.
 - we schedule 2 hours for downtime for the monthly rollout. The extra
30 minutes is tolerance for glitches: hung appservers not
disconnecting from the master, surprises, etc.

I'll update docs etc early next week unless there are objections.

-Rob