Re: Staging update errors

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On October 8, 2010, Curtis Hovey wrote:
>> DDL submission to initial node - PGRES_TUPLES_OK
>> 2010-10-07 23:26:05 INFO    New stuff needs replicating:
>> public.persontransferjob, public.persontransferjob_id_seq, public.quest
>> ionjob, public.questionjob_id_seq
>

> That's output by the upgrade.py script when it notices new tables that aren't
> part of the replication set. Its next action is to add it to the replication
> set. If there is no output after that, that's probably where it hungs. As to
> why, this will require some Slony-I psychoanalysis, and I don't have my degree
> in that field.
>
> I suggest we restart Slony-I on staging and try again. If it still hangs,
> let's revert the DB patch that adds those.
>
> Cheers

Those tables are added in patch-2208-99-0.sql. The only thing that I
can see that is unusual about that patch is that I never received a
patch number from stub, so I forgot about it, and never changed it
from 99. I don't see how that could cause this problem, but I wanted
to point that out in case it has some effect.

-Edwin