Re: Edge auto deployments stopping today/tomorrow.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Graham Binns <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> How do you want these marked if they are qa-bad but we can still roll with
>> them?  i.e. we tried to fix something, didn't get it right, but nothing was
>> broken more than it was already.

I think we need to iterate and improve on this but for now:
 - qa-ok [you have checked that things aren't broken by it]
 - reopen the bug and remove the tag after the rev is deployed

> Also, how does this apply to servers like loganberry?

Thats the scripts server I believe? It will be getting deployed with
the appservers.

Things where deploy == downtime won't be deployed without downtime
notices on twitter etc.

> I've got a qa-ok
> branch for checkwatches that needs to be rolled out thereto; does that
> need LOSA intervention or will it be auto rolled-out?

NOTHING WILL BE AUTOROLLED OUT.

Every deployment will be the result of someone - anyone in the team -
asking for a deployment based on the deployment report and a losa
running the deployment script. (obviously) don't do this at 5pm
friday.

We're currently blocked on this because there was a CP done yesterday;
we can't disable the CP process until we can qa things as well as we
already do on edge via qastaging, but that is only days away.

-Rob