Re: Rolling back a change

On Oct 27, 2010, at 16:34 , Brad Crittenden wrote:

> Hi Maris,
>
> I am attempting to rollback a change for r 11801.  I have followed the instructions show here:
>
> https://dev.launchpad.net/QAForContinuousRollouts
>
> The branch I am reverting was linked to five different bugs.  I linked my branch to those same bugs and created a merge proposal.  I then sent it off to PQM with:
>
> % bzr lp-land --rollback=11801 --testfix
>
> The instructions on the wiki state that the bug(s) will be tagged with bad-commit-*
>
> I'm not sure which of our tools is supposed to make that change.  The branch has made it through buildbot but the bad-commit tags have not been added.  Can you clarify?  I'll be glad to update the wiki to remove the mystery.
>
> Has the process failed?  Do I need to mark the bugs manually?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

Hi Maris,

I am about to EOD and did not want to leave these bugs in a bad state.  The branch made it through buildbot but the tags were not updated so I have manually updated them.

The diff for my MP never updated and I wonder if that is related.

Can you explain which of the parts actually update the bug tags?  Also the wiki in places refers to tags on the *branch* which is wrong.

Thanks,

Brad