Re: http://python.mirocommunity.org/video/1186/djangocon-2009-django-is-obsol

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Certainly has its pros and cons, but "the server is a webservice that
> does a great job for any combination of JS-based browser apps, mobile
> apps, and desktop apps" is the way I cast it in my head.

I think that perspective is gaining momentum.  The decision then becomes
which platform (desktop, mobile, web) provides the functionality the
developer needs (fast graphics, good filesystem access, GPS location,
etc.) and is most convenient for users.

For example, GroundControl makes the most sense as a desktop app because
it needs close integration with the desktop (filesystem).
--
Benji York