Re: HELP! Timeouts on qastaging.

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Henning Eggers
<henning.eggers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am seeing timeouts on qastaging left and right. Not on every page but on
> most pages it seems.
>
> Working:
> https://qastaging.launchpad.net/
> https://qastaging.launchpad.net/ubuntu
> https://qastaging.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty
>
> (and they are not even slow)
>
> Times out:
> https://qastaging.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/deja-dup
> https://bugs.qastaging.launchpad.net/
> https://qastaging.launchpad.net/pyroom
>
> Please help to figure out what is causing this!
>
> Henning

There is a lot of disk activity on the database server I think. I'm
seeing %wait time at up to 10%, when it normally is low. poimport and
one of the karma seem to be where the load is coming from, but it
doesn't seem that unusual. It might just be are batch jobs having
trouble on a database server with a fraction of the production RAM and
probably slower disk.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/