State of QA and roll-out plan

Hi all!

It's a bright, clear day hear at my place and the QA state could not look any
brighter. ;-) All revisions on stable and db-stable have been QA'ed, I am not
aware of any current roll-out blockers.[1]
Good job every-one, thank you so much!

Part of this is certainly owed to the new continuous roll-out process which
has prompted us to do QA quickly. Thanks to Robert for driving this!

I am wondering if we cannot profit from this situation? The release manager
documentation[2] mostly talks about solving roll-out blockers between now and
the roll-out, so there is not really much to do. I see three options.

1) Do the roll-out a day early. Not really an option as Wednesday has been
widely announced as the roll-out date.

2) Pick the current tip of db-stable (r9972) as the roll-out revision, merge
db-stable into devel and re-open PQM for 10.12 today. Deployments will have to
wait until after the roll-out, of course.

3) Re-open PQM for 10.11 to allow some more landings. If that creates roll-out
blockers we could fall back to 2) and roll-out r9972. This can be toned down
to not opening PQM but "be loose on r-c landings".

I'd prefer 2) because it's the cleanest cut. Also it lengthens the 10.12 cycle
which is shorter anyway.

Also, we have a huge pile of revisions on stable that could be deployed now[3]
but that state was only reached after PQM closure and it was agreed to stop
deployments at the same time. Could it hurt to deploy these today?

Any comments welcome.

Henning

[1] I am not sure if something needs to be done about
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-code/+bug/674305 before the roll-out. It
is mentioned as a cowboy on LPS but I think that is referring to the disabled
imports?

[2] https://dev.launchpad.net/PolicyAndProcess/ReleaseManagerRotation

[3] https://devpad.canonical.com/~lpqateam/qa_reports/deployment-stable.html

Follow ups