Re: XMLRPC server reconfiguration : zope assertion errors on bzr push

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Robert Collins
> <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> We had a period - about 36 hours long - where the xmlrpc internal
>> server was simply saturated and overloaded. During this period folk
>> would experience a backtrace as described in
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/674416.

Thanks so much for escalating this problem. I'm glad to see the big,
scary stack traces during normal usage of a critical part of Launchpad
go away.

Thanks also for keeping our users informed by updating
identi.ca/launchpadstatus.

> Colin Watson has noted that we have some cleanup to do - we need to
> trigger a 'branchChanged' event for all the branches which had that
> event crash.

Has this been done? Where are we tracking this?

There's an unreported bug here about the gap in our error handling
system. No end user should have seen stack traces at all. Instead, we
should have displayed & recorded an OOPS, and used that OOPS data to
trigger an alert.

jml