Re: Faster builds

On 2010-11-19 14:56, Martin Pool wrote:

You added dependencies on the phony target 'buildout_bin', which since
it does not exist will always cause its dependencies to be rebuilt.

Also, by adding this on the left hand side, in some places you make $@
refer to this phony target, not what it should point at.

Thanks for spotting my mistakes and improving this further. Great to see a spontaneous team effort going into the build.

https://code.launchpad.net/~mbp/launchpad/mbp-trivial tries to improve
this a bit more.

I revied it and the makefile changes look excellent to me. The only glitch is diff pollution from branching off devel and then submitting an MP for db-devel.

It would be great if we could also avoid the fairly slow js build
happening every time...

I don't think that's quite in the bottleneck yet. In which case, first order of the day is to knock WADL generation down a peg or two.

Also, would anyone mind if I updated rocketfuel-branch to do a parallel build?

Jeroen