Re: Strange error from web service

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:36:34 +0000, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got this in my cron mail.  I've never seen this error before.
>
> Is this a bug in launchpadlib, or is this something that launchpadlib
> scripts should be written defensively against?

My guess is that the response was truncated. This is not unusual in
launchpadlib interactions, but I don't remember seeing that particular
error previously. I would recommend defensive coding, but unfortunately
between each of the different layers involved there are many exceptions
to catch.

lazr.restfulclient now has some retry support, so you may also want to
contribute a branch to that to also retry on this error.

Thanks,

James