Re: Finding the right 'bzr' at runtime for 'lp-forking-service'

Gary Poster wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2010, at 6:42 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
[...]
> > Thanks. That seems to be module:function, but 'bzr' is a static script
> > that bzr has which checks python version, library version matching
> > etc, and which we can't sanely put *in* bzrlib (because what it does
> > is check that bzrlib can be used sanely). Any suggestions for that?
>
> If bzr is not setuptools compatible then there's not a simple way.
>
> I don't know how the bzr script is generated.  A solution depends on that.

The 'bzr' script is part of bzr's source tree.  The setup.py knows it is
a "script" (i.e. scripts=['bzr'] is passed to distutils.core.setup),
which I suppose might rewrite the “#! /usr/bin/env python” line, but
otherwise I think it is unchanged.

-Andrew.