Web service method names

Hello,

When changing the signature or behaviour of a method that is exposed
over the web service API Launchpad has to stay compatible with the old
method.

Most developers seem to achieve this by providing a backwards compatible
wrapper with a different name but decorated with
export_operation_as("original_name"). There are only a few at the
moment, but as we'll have to support the current API for quite some time
their number is probably going to grow.

The name of this wrapper seems to vary, I've seen "_originalName",
"api_originalName" and "web_originalName" so far. Should we standardize
on one, perhaps "api_originalName"?

I also came across a number of methods that are explicitly exposed with
a C-style (all lowercase, underscore as word separator) name rather than
the CamelCasing that our methods use by default. Is there a particular
reason for this? I couldn't find any relevant style recommendations
about the web service API in our Python style guide or the
"ImplementingAPIs" document on the wiki.

Cheers,

Jelmer