Re: bug triage guidelines strawman

On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 09:24 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> On 11-01-06 01:04 AM, Martin Pool wrote:
> > One thing here that wasn't mentioned: confirmed vs triaged.  I think
> > this would be a great opportunity to start using just one of those
> > statuses.  (But perhaps that's a separate issue.)
>
> We use 'Triaged' very consistently.  There is only one 'confirmed' bug
> on the Launchpad project.
>
> That said, the 'Triaged' status seems redundant to me.  Triage is the
> process of determining the importance, so any bug whose importance is
> not 'Unknown' can be considered triaged.

Triaged is indeed a process. Launchpad uses triaged to mean someone who
speak for the project has confirmed the issue and has assessed the
priority. The triaged status is reserved for project members, but anyone
can set a bug to the confirmed status.

We could do away with the triaged status if Launchpad reported the
combination of bugs confirmed by project members that have sensible
status (not unknown or undecided).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+bugs?field.status:list=TRIAGED&field.importance:list=UNKNOWN&field.importance:list=UNDECIDED
shows that there are 88 bugs that claim to be triaged, but we actually
do not know if we need to fix them now, or when an opportunity presents
itself.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/