Re: Make build failures make me sad

On Monday 10 January 2011 12:07:13 Julian Edwards wrote:
> On Monday 10 January 2011 10:57:05 Julian Edwards wrote:
> > I am getting the same error :(
> >
> > Also see my other email about the LibrarianLayer, it all looks related.
> >
> > I'm off to do some strace-ing ...
>
> Something in the new keyring module is installing a SIGCHLD handler, I
> think it's something in the PyQt4 module which is used by keyring.
>
> We've got no way of changing that, so we're going to have to fix all of our
> code that makes subprocesses to handle EINTR.
>
> However, before I start on that, why/how heck is launchpadlib being called
> from utilities/create-lp-wadl-and-apidoc.py and the librarian?  I suspect
> we've got some wacky import chains somewhere.

So, for some reason that I can't quite fathom, but it's something to do with
zcml, lp.shipit is getting imported, which in turn seems to import the whole
world.

The whole world includes lp.testing, which in turn imports launchpadlib and
hence the keyring.  Which installs a SIGCHLD handler.

Ummm, why is lp.shitpit doing that?