Re: New launchpadlib breaks my dev environment

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Benji York <benji.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 2011-01-11 16:54, Benji York wrote:
>>
>>> Version 1.9.3 of launchpadlib fixes this.  Once PQM reopens I'll be
>>> landing lp:~benji/launchpad/update-launchpadlib which simply bumps the
>>> launchpadlib version.
>>>
>>> Until then bumping the version locally and re-running buildout should
>>> help.
>>
>> I'm on launchpadlib 1.9.3 now, and the unconditional "import keyring" at the
>> top of the file is clearly gone.  I can now "make."
>>
>> However I still get the same failure when firing off an ec2 test.
>
> Investigating.

Version 0.5.1 of the keyring package fixes this.  It would have landed
last night but I got this failure in buildbot testing:

Error in test test_couldNotListenTac
(canonical.launchpad.daemons.tests.test_tachandler.TacTestSetupTestCase)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/unittest.py", line 279, in run
    testMethod()
  File "/srv/buildbot/slaves/launchpad/lucid-devel/build/lib/canonical/launchpad/daemons/tests/test_tachandler.py",
line 45, in test_couldNotListenTac
    self.assertRaises(TacException, CouldNotListenTac().setUp)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/unittest.py", line 336, in failUnlessRaises
    callableObj(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/buildbot/slaves/launchpad/lucid-devel/build/lib/canonical/launchpad/daemons/tachandler.py",
line 140, in setUp
    two_stage_kill(pid)
  File "/srv/buildbot/slaves/launchpad/lucid-devel/build/lib/canonical/launchpad/daemons/tachandler.py",
line 56, in two_stage_kill
    _kill_may_race(pid, SIGTERM)
  File "/srv/buildbot/slaves/launchpad/lucid-devel/build/lib/canonical/launchpad/daemons/tachandler.py",
line 38, in _kill_may_race
    os.kill(pid, signal_number)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted

This looks spurious to me, so I'm resubmitting in the hopes that the
update takes this time.
--
Benji York