Re: Membership expiration untruths

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 12:32 -0600, Steve Kowalik wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> 	Prompted by LP sending me mails for a team expiry:
>
> Hello Steve Kowalik,
>
> On 2011-01-16, four days from now, your membership
> in the MOTU (motu) Launchpad team
> is due to expire.
> <https://launchpad.net/~motu>
>
> If you want, you can renew this membership at
> <redacted>
>
> If your membership does expire, we'll send you one more message to let
> you know it's happened.
>
> Thanks for using Launchpad!
>
> -------
>
> My issue is with the penultimate paragraph, because it's a lie. We keep
> sending e-mails, one per day until they expire from the team. I'm happy
> to fix the template, but before I spend any more effort it, I wanted to
> check if perhaps we should change how we send them, or if we just send one.

Fixing the text is a lot easier.

I think the preferred rule is to send emails when the renewal notice
period starts, and one more on the last day. If the renewal notice is 1
day, the last paragraph
might state this is the final notice. I am not sure where to change
this. I would look at Flagging expired memberships in teammembership.txt

PS. This is https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/85409

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/