Re: bug message indices. stable allocation and hidden messages

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Tim Penhey <tim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If at all possible can this field please be usable by answers / code review
> comments?
>
> We want message numbers too.

Its on BugMessage, because messages can be shared in different
contexts. I agree it probably makes sense to have it be part of the
standard interface etc. We have some weirdness around what IBugMessage
actually is that I need to hunt down some bugs developers, lock in a
box, and then ask some questions of :) (see interfaces/bugmessage.py,
and also that IMessage is what is displayed, but BugMessage isn't a
derived IMessage, its quasi-hidden, quasi-extending. Braaaak!).

-Rob