Re: STOP THE (ROLLOUT) LINE: qastaging broken for editing bug descriptions

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:56:22 Tim Penhey wrote:
> with the help of wgrant, we've figured it out.
>
> r12251 is where the blue team "fixed" the xhtml representations
>
> We removed the encode('utf-8') from the xhtml representation as the
> EntryResource encoded the result entirely.
>
> However the EntryFieldResource doesn't encode the result, and this is what
> is getting hit in this case.
>
> I have a branch up for lazr.restful that fixes this.

Hi Leonard,

https://code.launchpad.net/~thumper/lazr.restful/encode-entryfieldresource-
xhtml/+merge/47500

Can you check the sanity of that, and I couldn't find any direct tests for it.
Not sure if there are any.

Running all the tests locally had some failing, again not sure why.

ERROR: test_client_error_view_lookup
(lazr.restful.tests.test_error.ErrorsTestCase)
ERROR: test_decorated_exception (lazr.restful.tests.test_error.ErrorsTestCase)
ERROR: test_client_error_view_lookup
(lazr.restful.tests.test_error.ErrorsTestCase)
ERROR: test_decorated_exception (lazr.restful.tests.test_error.ErrorsTestCase)
FAIL: Doctest: django.txt

This fix works locally, and is blocking rollout for production.  If it is good,
we need a new lazr.restful to use in versions.cfg and LP updated.

Thanks,
Tim