what do to with implemented LEPs

So, a LEP contains a few things by the time its implemented:
 - goals
 - constraints
 - design decisions
 - UI mockups
 - discussion

Once we land a patch, some of that stuff becomes irrelevant, some
becomes 'what if' material, and some stays relevant : the goals and
constraints are part of our system forever more.

Right now we tend to abandon a LEP that has been implemented; from an
IRC discussion today about LEP/FeatureFlags Francis and I are
wondering if after a LEP is implemented we:
 - strip the stuff obsoleted by the implementation
 - remove the stuff that is redundant with whats live
 - garden / mark clearly / remove 'what if' material
 - preserve *and update* goals/constraints on the LEP

that we'd get some more value from them. specifically we'd have the
ability to say  'hey, whoa' when coming to a implemented LEP and
making a change inconsistent with its original constraints/goals.

What do you all think?
-Rob

Follow ups