Re: Gravatar profile requests

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 3:37 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 6:49 AM, Stuart Bishop
> <stuart.bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> We should consider pulling profile information from Gravatar to
>> simplify signup. I'm not sure how popular this will be, nor if we can
>> copy information into our databases or would need to query live for
>> 'Gravatar enabled' users.
>>
>> http://en.gravatar.com/site/implement/profiles/
>>

> +1.
>
> Anyone want to make  a patch?

A long time ago someone (me) read this and thought -- hmmm, I have
some Gravatar code on my own site that could be turned into something
generic as a start.  Then, said developer made a library and promptly
did nothing with it on his own site or otherwise.

I discovered this lib again today and thought I should mention it,
even if the moment has long passed. :-)

Behold the cleverly named gravatarlib -- https://launchpad.net/gravatarlib

At the time I wrote it, none of the other py libs for Gravatar dealt
with profile data at all.  This one does.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge