Re: Unable to figure out what to do for loggerhead

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM, John Arbash Meinel
<john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm still getting rejection messages trying to post any merge-proposal
> stuff for loggerhead.

I hope that that is fixed now.

> I'm also stuck with stuff that was originally proposed against the old
> lp:loggerhead, which is no longer the "future" branch, and I don't have
> any idea what branch I'm actually supposed to be proposing against or
> merging into. (nor what the correct method for doing so is.)

If you are finessing the future stuff that was put off into the
experimental branch, propose a merge to it and get it reviewed by a
loggerhead-team member (which includes all of ~launchpad - so lots of
folk that can help). To land in that branch, just land directly. I'd
like to suggest that only direct fixes to make it ok to land that
branch should be done there (that and merges from trunk to keep it
fresh).

If you are doing stuff for trunk, for what should be 1.19 - I think a
good first step is a new release with all the fixes from LP, a release
that LP can use *as is*, no patches, no tweaks, just ready-to-go. This
will mean making the search widget optional in the tal, for instance.

> I've certainly kept up on what Robert proposed as the transition to
> having loggerhead maintained by launchpad squads, but the details seem
> to have not been announced. Like "what is the name of the 'future'
> branch", and "how are changes actually getting reviewed and merged".

lp:loggerhead/experimental, and via the standard launchpad merge
system. Loggerheads branchs show up in
https://code.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+activereviews, and you
should get reviews from LP code reviewers. If you don't, or you want
one done immediately, pop into #launchpad-dev and ask the on call
reviewer; if there isn't one, just ask around - I'm sure someone will
be delighted to review your changes.

> Can anyone confirm or deny if they've actually seen my merge-proposal
> changes? I see them, but I get direct email for them as the submitter.

I've seem them.

-Rob