Re: [Canonical Wiki] Update of "InformationInfrastructure/OSA/LPIncidentLog" by mbarnett

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:19 AM, John Arbash Meinel
<john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do we have a way to find out more information about what was going on
> when these were restarted? It has been quite some time since loggerhead
> was crashing this much.
>
> Specifically, the last crash on that page was back in December, so about
> 2-3 months ago. And now it is crashing 2x in 2 days.

Its been hanging [or perhaps just /very slow/ in a regular expression
in pygments. I've also been seeing very slow performance in previously
fine code in oops-tools leading to very slow oops rendering. I don't
have enough data to say that these are/are not related yet. William
has been debugging this and may have more info.

I agree that its strange that this happened now. AFAIK, though, the
python re engine is self contained, not a thunk to a C re engine...
and Python hasn't been changed since we upgraded to lucid (octoberish
last year).

-Rob