Re: Windmill no longer running on ec2 or buildbot

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM, John Arbash Meinel
<john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/2/2011 1:22 PM, Julian Edwards wrote:
>> On Wednesday 02 March 2011 09:06:13 Deryck Hodge wrote:
>>> I do think, though, that we need a better long term solution
>>
>> Did anyone look at Selenium? http://seleniumhq.org/
>>
>> It's what Landscape uses.
>>

> The statement I saw that back when Windmill was chosen, it was picked
> over Selenium for reasons which have now become obsolete. So it is
> probably worth re-visiting. It would also be good to find out if
> Landscape coders love/hate Selenium.

<jml> hey guys
<jml> we're considering switching to Selenium from Windmill
<jml> *considering*
<jml> do you guys love Selenium or do you hate it?
<sidnei> jml, it hasn't caused any trouble
<sidnei> free, i think there's a bug open already about not using confirm
<sidnei> free, the tests currently hang for me on ff4 because of it
<jml> sidnei: fairly reliable?
<therve> jml, it's Javascript, love can't be involved
<sidnei> jml, yes.
<therve> but it doesn't seem to be a problem for us, although we only
have about 10 tests
<sidnei> jml, we're using selenium 2.0b2
<jml> ok. thanks.

jml