Re: Packaging permissions redux

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 16:22 -0600, Micah Gersten wrote:
> Bug supervisor should have advanced knowledge of the relationship
> between a package in the distro and an upstream project in order to
> upstream bugs.  That was was my thinking here.

We rarely see an issue with packaging links created from a distro
package perspective. The user who is familiar enough to navigate to
package, and care about the information, seems to have enough experience
to select or register the upstream project. I do not think we need to
set permission on linking from these pages.

Linking to packages from project pages is the issue.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/