Re: brainstorm: cheaper API collection iteration

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:11:19 +1300, Robert Collins <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But how do we teach launchpadlib to do this? And how do we encode this
> in the wadl?

My understanding, may be way off.

Pages in collections are just links, so you can generate what you
like. You can generate the bare link to the collection to get the first
page, and then when that page is returned it would say

  next_page_link:
  "https://api.launchpad.net/devel/some_collection?start_key=endkey_of_this_collection

then when the next page is needed launchpadlib simply hits that URL.

Therefore I think this would be fairly straightforward to change in the
current webservice. It also looks as though just changing
lazr.batchnavigator will get most of the way there, so it may be that
fixing the web UI fixes the API too.

Thanks,

James