Re: brainstorm: cheaper API collection iteration

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is about optimising a particular part of the current webservice;
> its still useful in an expand/filter world I think, because some
> collections are massive.

If I'm understanding the various moving parts correctly, the
filter/expand mechanism would remove the need for this optimization.
Not that we shouldn't do it for the short term gains (about which I have
no opinion one way or the other).

How would filter/expand help in this scenario?  It will first return the
membership of whatever set you specify and the client would then batch
using that information.  There isn't any need to do batch calculations
on the server side, avoiding the expensive surrogate key calculations.
--
Benji York