Re: Quick'n'dirty solution sought: Locking down certain bugs even further

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Agreed we need to be careful. What is "inline editing of lists of bugs"? Or
> is that a hypothetical future feature?

today I know of cve:+index, blueprints linked bugs; cve:+index is
having it removed because its just too slow *today*.

> It seems to me we already have to evaluate membership rules to know whether
> a person can change importance. Reading one boolean off the bug and using
> that to cause the same rules to apply to status and other metadata fields
> should be no slower?

No, because bug control is derived from the bug task, so you have to
repeat it per task row. (And you need to decide about the bug/bugtask
interaction in such policies).

However, as jml says: experimentation is the source of all knowledge.
I'm merely highlighting problems we already have.

-Rob