Re: A NEWBEE IN LAUNCHPAD and LINUX

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 6:59 PM, shibasish <coolmego26@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,considering your patience I would like to express that i am a newbee in
> LINUX and I am very much interested in contributing to LINUX projects. I
> have a good knowledge of C and JAVA and a lust of learning new technologies.
> I installed BAZAAR and also have a SSH key and am not finding my way through
> the Launchpad.Now can someone please guide me as how to contribute to a
> project.I have keen interest in contributing towards LINUX BOOT SYSTEMS.
> Thanks for your patience and support..

Hello,

This mailing list is for discussing the development of Launchpad
itself. If you would like to contribute to Linux boot systems, you
might want to start exploring Upstart <https://launchpad.net/upstart>
or GRUB <http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/>.

In most cases, the best way to start contributing to a project is to
find a bug report, fix it and submit a patch.

Hope this helps,
jml