Re: revamping 'monthly releases', and reminder to qa db patches

On March 29, 2011, Tom Haddon wrote:
> > What-do-you-all-think?
>
> I think my primary interest here is in what the practical implications
> of this will be in terms of the number of "downtime/DB schema upgrade"
> deployments there will be. Is what you're proposing going to mean more,
> or less rollouts, and what's the predictability of those going to be?

For the time being, there is no change in that respect. We are still going for
one DB deployment a month based on the existing calendar.

We are going to work on removing the friction around the deployments and
toward reducing the overhead of doing them. Once we have very little friction,
(basically, DB time + minimal overhead), we'll want to target to doing them
once a week. But we are not there yet. So short terms, nothing really change
except for all the other details in Robert's email which boil to:

* Stop using milestone
* Cancel the ReleaseManagerRotation process.

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx