Re: Fun fact of the day: Launchpad permissions

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Guilherme Salgado
<salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 10:12 +0100, Gavin Panella wrote:
>> On 29 March 2011 17:52, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> [...]
>> > ("grep 'permission =' lib/canonical/launchpad/security.py | sed -e
>> > 's/^ *permission =//' | sort | uniq -c", plus some manual cleanup)
>>
>> Some of the security stuff has moved out of c.l.security (specifically
>> code and bugs have their own security modules).
>
> That'd be one of the reasons to use the apidoc, which shows them all in
> a single page:  http://bit.ly/fCIFvT  (or http://bit.ly/dGF30M which has
> the security adapters that use them)

The two links are the same, and neither of them lists the different
kinds of permissions.

> I think the apidoc[1] is the best tool we have for this sort of thing as
> it leverages our zope component declarations to show a lot of
> information about our interfaces/adapters/utilities.
>
> [1] https://devpad.canonical.com/~gary

I don't know. I really want to like it, but for some reason it's very
hard to. I guess it's partly that we're only running it statically and
it relies on AJAX goodness to be at its level best. Perhaps also
because it says it's Zope API documentation, and I don't really want
to read Zope API documentation. I'm never sure what I would go to that
page to learn about, unlike a traditional API documentation
(e.g.<http://people.canonical.com/~mwh/canonicalapi/>).

jml