performance and design support available from Stuart and I

For both Stuart and I supporting everyone contributing to Launchpad is
a primary responsibility. If you are hacking on (or intending to hack
on) something in Launchpad and have a [technical] design or
performance quandry/question/dilemma/... and you'd like extra eyeballs
on it, please grab one or both of us and just ask.

You can grab us on IRC (#launchpad-dev on freenode) during our work
days - I'm in NZ time, Stuart in Thailand, more or less.

Offline, which will have higher latency, you can email us, email the
list with a CC to us, whatever. If mailing the list please CC one or
both of us if you want to ensure we reply: that makes it clearer.

If you have a bug that needs database analysis you can also tag it
'dba' (and be sure to say in a comment /what/ you'd like analysed -
some bugs can be pretty noisy). Its totally fine to tag it and then
ping on IRC - Stuart looks out for those bugs regularly, but as they
say, time is money.

Some examples of things we've helped with (but by no means exhaustive):
 - db schema tweaks
 - index evaluation
 - query plan analysis
 - script glue