Re: Accessibility

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Matthew Revell
<matthew.revell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> What's our policy on making Launchpad accessible? Do we have one?
>
> I've had a look through the wiki and haven't come up with much.

We don't have one. Canonical holds accessibility as one of its core
values, and as such it's something we should aim for. I recall that
accessibility support was one of the driving factors behind our
adoption of YUI.

I really don't know anything about the technical difficulties involved
in making Launchpad more accessible, or maintaining whatever
accessibility we have. If there are some simple things that we can do,
we should do them.

Concretely, it's not something that we're planning on investing in
over the short term. I'd rather we focus on making our UI adroit.

jml