Re: Is it ok to report slightly inflated bug counts in portlets; counting bugs; accuracy vs speed

Robert Collins <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It does happen yes. We may be able to come up with something better,
> but I can't tell if you are saying:
> A 'no do not do this, we prefer accuracy and timeouts'
> or
> B 'if you can do better than you describe that would be awesome'
> or
> C 'have you considered the psychological impact of this corner case'
>
> For A, I think most folk disagree; for B I don't have anything better
> to offer yet, not doable in the short term [and these queries we're
> trying to handle are sitting at 6+ seconds *hot*]. For C, yes I have;
> I think its a fairly rare corner case, tolerable if we documented, and
> certainly something we can improve on in future [but requires more
> work].

I agree with your conclusions, and this would be a net positive.  I
was just saying "private with multiple paths" is probably not all that
rare, but I think it's still fine to leave as a tolerable known bug.

Matri