Correct links for bug triage

Hi Robert,

Squads were currently doing triaging by looking at the New bugs queue on
Launchpad.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+bugs?field.status:list=NEW

This is also the number tracked by
https://lpstats.canonical.com/graphs/LPProjectBugTriage/

We are doing an ok job there.

But on https://dev.launchpad.net/BugTriage, two different links are listed
there as the ones to use for triage.

 * list of all Undecided/Unknown bugs: http://bit.ly/f3LO8f
 * list of all Untriaged bugs: http://bit.ly/eRjI8t

I think these two links are not good because they include INCOMPLETE bugs that
didn't receive a response. This means that these are lists that the triager
cannot burn to zero. Which means that day-in-day-ou, they'll have to look at
the same tickets which leads to a very poor experience.

I think the right thing to monitor is the list of NEW, CONFIRMED, TRIAGED and
INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE bugs that have an Undecided/Unknown priority.

 * http://bit.ly/dWg2sw

I think this is a list that a triager can actually burn down.

From the sets of the two previous lists, it excludes, INCOMPLETE bugs that
didn't receive a response as well as bugs that had an importance assigned but
that aren't marked as triaged. In a way, I don't think that list is a big
deal, since Importance has been properly set. Maybe those could be look into a
secondary list. But it's less important.

Unless you disagree, I'll update BugTriage and MaintenanceRotation schedule
with my proposed link.

Cheers

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-
project/+bugs?field.status:list=NEW&field.status:list=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status:list=CONFIRMED&field.status:list=TRIAGED&field.importance:list=UNKNOWN&field.importance:list=UNDECIDED

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx