Results of "faster pages v accurate bugs" surveys

Hello,

On Launchpad's Facebook page [1] I asked:

  On Launchpad project pages, what would you prefer?

    Faster loading with slightly inaccurate bug counts: 59 votes
    Slower loading with accurate bug counts: 8 votes

Using SurveyMonkey, I asked:

  What would you prefer when viewing a project's bug overview page in Launchpad?

    A faster loading page with a slightly inaccurate bug count (e.g.
it might show 100 bugs when there are actually 102): 159 votes
    A slower loading page with an accurate bug count: 26 votes

Through Facebook, 88% of respondents favoured a faster loading page.
Through SurveyMonkey, 85.9%.

I asked slightly different questions due to the different restrictions
(e.g. Facebook works well for very short options, terribly for
anything else) and also because this was a quick experiment to see if
people would answer and if it would help.

I'm not sure if I'd use Facebook again. It has the advantage that it's
very easy for someone to answer while they're using FB and they can
pass it onto friends easily. However, I can't see any way to close the
survey (not a disaster, by any means) and it truncates the options
when displaying them.

1. http://facebook.com/launchpad.net

--
Matthew Revell -- https://launchpad.net/~matthew.revell
Launchpad.net -- cross-project collaboration and hosting