Re: Feature flags: beware of anonymous users

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:45 AM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm, when I saw this, I thought it was a mechanism that would allow for
> devs to control features on staging for *themselves*, by setting a cookie.
>
> Perhaps also an interesting idea?

If we put a cookie based rule in for each flag, then yes, you could
control it that way. But some flags are dangerous and some aren't, so
it wouldn't be safe to just do a complete wildcard.

There is a bug about giving devs permission to edit the rules on
qastaging - which will let us change anything we want. It should be
pretty low hanging fruit if someone wants to do it.

-Rob