Launchpad Rebrand

Hi Launchpad,

At the heart of Launchpad's user experience is its branding and design. These things represent who and what Launchpad is and Launchpad deserves a brand and design that reflects the quality of what we've built.

With the branding changes Canonical and its products have been through it is now time to bring that work to Launchpad.

We will be using the branding guidelines as created by the design team at Canonical, although we have a unique challenge with our branding in that in some cases we will have to be sensitive to our users' brands. In our values[1] we say "The data in Launchpad does not really belong to us, we are merely its stewards" and we need to be mindful of that in how we go about branding our (or "their") pages.

The work will be applied to all of Launchpad's properties and elements. This will include logo, templates, tour, help wiki, dev wiki, blog, planet, icons, colours etc. At this time we will be making purely brand changes and will not be doing a UI redesign as we have in the past. This means that navigation, page layouts and other UI elements will all remain the same.

At this time we're hoping to present some initial concepts in Dublin at the end of the month.

More information can be found here: https://wiki.canonical.com/Launchpad/RebrandingProject

If you have any further questions or comments you can talk to myself or Jonathan Lange.

Cheers,

Huw

[1] http://lpqateam.canonical.com/doc/values.html

Follow ups