Re: rabbit, where art thou?

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Elliot suggested today that the Erlang OTP isn't really meant to start
> multiple RabbitMQ instance on the same box. And gave the same suggestion
> than Stuart about how to multiplex test runs: use a variable queue prefix.

Whether or not you run multiple rabbits (or couches, or ejabberds, or
riaks), the Erlang VM itself has a singleton in the portmapper daemon
(epmd) which is started by the first erlang application that runs on
the system. I don't think there is any problem running multiple
instances of an Erlang application such as RabbitMQ on the same box,
but using branch nick as a queue prefix seemed to provide a sufficient
level of isolation when I was working on U1.
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/